Slideshows work best when you declare the image sizes using the height
and width attrs.  When the images are cached it's not a problem
because the browser knows the dimensions of the image, but if the
images are not cached there is a reasonable chance that your slideshow
will start before the images have been fully loaded.  In that case, if
you're not explicit about the dimensions of the slideshow and the
slides (in css), you'll get what you get.

Mike