I'm having some problem with return value for a function.  I have read
some postings about this, but I'm just not understanding something.
Hopefully somebody can help me with this....

I'm trying to access google blogger's API to display blog entries on
my site.  I'm doing this through JQuery and requesting a JSON
response.  Everything seems to work ok, but I want to access the link
for the blog entry.  This is a subset of the "entry" object.  It's
structured like this:

entry:
     title,
     content,
     link:
          rel,
          type,
          href,

          rel,
          type,
          href,

I want to get the link where the "link.rel == "self".  To do this I
have to loop through the link object (5 times).  The loop and
conditional statement works correctly, but I can't get the variable
inside this loop back to my original function.

I have this code:

$.each(data.feed.entry, function(i, entry){

     $.each(entry.link, function(j, link){
          if(link.rel == "self"){
               var postlink = link.href;
               alert("link : " + postlink);