Thanks. Your message got me looking in the right direction. Turns out my selector was wrong. Needed "#jobtype", not "div.jobtype". Once I changed that everything worked as expected.

Shawn

MorningZ wrote:
Show/Hide works perfectly fine in this quick example

http://jsbin.com/oyagi/edit

recall that the "tabs" are actually <li> items that reference the
tabs, which are <div>'s....  to hide the tab itself, you need to hide
the <li>