Thanks for the help. I think we are getting somewhere.

Here is where the page is being developed: http://banderdash.net/design/

The JavaScript you suggested is in the 'slide.js' file. Found here:
http://banderdash.net/design/js/slide.js

The problem I am running into now is that it appears the hide class is
hiding the navigation. Because my sub-nav is itself inside the div.content
(4 separate times). This was done to ensure the proper active class was
shown automatically as one cycles through the sections. On viewing the page
you might get a better idea of what I am trying to achieve. That is (from
the black portion under the sketches), when a viewer clicks 'about' 'work'
'ramblings' or 'contact that div is swapped for the already present, but
hidden other div's.

Make any sense?