Hi,

I have a search interface on my site http://www.govforyou.co.uk/Default.aspx
that allows users perform multiple kinds of searches. You can try it
out by typing in the text box at the top.

It basically contains a drop down which has 5 options and a text box
next to it where user can type search query and a "Go" button. Now,
the Go button is displayed and should be applied only for the first of
the five options. When user has chosen any of the last four options,
the search box is attached with jquery autocomplete plugin and when
user clicks (or presses ENTER key) on one of the suggestions, the page
refreshes to take the user directly to target page.

However, this ENTER key binding with suggestions is not working in
Firefox. To reproduce the problem:
1)  Goto the above URL and select any of the last 4 options from the
drop down.
2) Type something in the text box and the auto complete will make sure
that suggestions are shown
3) Scroll down the suggestion list using UP and DOWN arrow keys and
when one of the suggestions are selected, press ENTER.

The above should take the user to a different page. But the Go button
takes precedence to the autocomplete callback. How do I make sure that
ENTER key is bound to the jquery autocomplete callback and not the Go
Button when an autocomplete suggestion is selected?

This is occurring only in Firefox. I've tested on version 3.5. The
issue does not occur on IE8 or Google Chrome.

Thanks in Advance,
--venustus