On Jan 20, 11:45 am, Bonji <benho...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I've tried placing the second $.ajax inside the success fuction of the
> first $.ajax but the second call never triggers or doesn't return
> anything.

This technique works for me.

    http://scott.sauyet.com/Javascript/Demo/2010-01-21a/

I have a nested AJAX call, and it seems to work just fine.

The AJAX'd pages are trivial for my test:

    http://scott.sauyet.com/Javascript/Demo/2010-01-21a/verify.phps
    http://scott.sauyet.com/Javascript/Demo/2010-01-21a/info.phps

> Is there a way of queuing $.ajax functions so they fire on after
> another?

Do you have the ability to post a full sample somewhere?  That is, one
with actual working AJAX calls and a broken attempt to nest them?  It
might be more helpful than the code sample posted here.  (It would be
nice if it were quite minimal too.)

Cheers,

  -- Scott