From: Rick Faircloth <r...@whitestonemedia.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:31:38 -0500
To: <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>
Subject: RE: [jQuery] New Forums

But isn¹t it possible to ³have our cake and eat it, too² in this situation?

I¹m a member of the CF-Talk (ColdFusion) group and we use both a mailing
list
and an online system.  (I¹m hesitant to call the online system a ³forum²
because
it may not fit the accepted definition of a forum).

However, people can go online and use the system for reading the mail and
search the archives, or they can just use their email for the same messages,
as I do.
The main difference between the two, I think, is that House of Fusion runs
their
own servers and software, whereas, it looks like John is outsourcing that
work, which
is understandable.  But there out to be a solution that provides both forum
and email
solutions simultaneously.  Surely, if someone chooses it, there is an option
to send
all messages to someone¹s email address and not just messages from
particular threads.

Perhaps John, et al, should go over to www.HouseOfFusion.com
<http://www.HouseOfFusion.com>  and see how it¹s
being doing there and discuss this issue with those that control the CF-Talk
list, as well
as the other lists that are present, such as CF-Newbie.  (I¹ve always
thought and have
suggested that a jQuery-Newbie list would be of great benefit to the jQuery
community
to separate the beginner questions from the advanced side of things.

I just know, that as busy as I am, I won¹t have time or the desire to visit
a forum constantly
and check what people are posting.  I do read people¹s posts and even if I
don¹t know the
answer, I read responses to learn and help when I can.  I have to be in my
email constantly
for client communications and taking the jQuery list out of my central area
of communications
(email) is going to kill my participation in the jQuery list, unfortunately.

Rick