Please unsubscribe me from this distribution.

Mike Heath
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: jquery-en+nore...@googlegroups.com
  To: Abridged Recipients
  Sent: Sunday, January 24, 2010 12:03 PM
  Subject: [jQuery] Abridged summary of jquery-en@googlegroups.com - 19
Messages in 12 Topics

    Today's Topic Summary
  Group: http://groups.google.com/group/jquery-en/topics

    a.. Dynamic Selects [2 Updates]
    b.. how to get href value [5 Updates]
    c.. Two search kriteria [2 Updates]
    d.. MarkItUp image upload [1 Update]
    e.. Superfish/Drop Up menu and scrollable ul [1 Update]
    f.. (validate) Consulting Support [1 Update]
    g.. Form submit success method not being called [1 Update]
    h.. Are API docs in sync with latest jquery library [1 Update]
    i.. JQuery Ajax serialize [1 Update]
    j.. Select tab from link [1 Update]
    k.. This code is too complex for a noob, can someone break this down. [2
Updates]
    l.. Abridged summary of jquery-en@googlegroups.com - 30 Messages in 9
Topics [1 Update]
   Topic: Dynamic Selects
    "Steffan A. Cline" <stef...@hldns.com> Jan 23 09:42PM -0700 ^

    I am wondering if I'm missing something in my code.

    I have a <select> that is populated via
    $("#mySelect").load("something.html"). This page of course returns a bunch
    of <option more...

    "Steffan A. Cline" <stef...@hldns.com> Jan 23 10:05PM -0700 ^

    Ok. I figured it out. It is a race issue. I needed to wait for the data to
    load. I did not realize that load() had a callback.

    Solution:

    $("#province").load("/async/async_provinces.lasso?cc=" + more...

   Topic: how to get href value
    Greg Tarnoff <greg.tarn...@gmail.com> Jan 23 05:04AM -0800 ^

    Actually all of these are slow. The last example will run anytime you
    click the page. You only want to run this if they click an A element.
    So attach a click event to A. Try this:
    more...

    Amos King <amos.l.k...@gmail.com> Jan 23 09:52AM -0600 ^

    Greg, I'm not sure how your's is much diffrent then the original.

    --
    Amos King
    http://dirtyInformation.com

    MorningZ <morni...@gmail.com> Jan 23 09:26AM -0800 ^

    or how it's "slower".... say there's 100 <a> on the page (which
    wouldn't be too uncommon for say, a blog site), that's 100 event's
    wired up sitting in ready to "go"... using event delegation, one more...

    Greg Tarnoff <greg.tarn...@gmail.com> Jan 23 06:08PM -0800 ^

    By click event on the document it may register faster, but every time
    it is clicked it will run the function.
    With the click on the A only when that is clicked will the action
    happen. more...

    MorningZ <morni...@gmail.com> Jan 23 07:57PM -0800 ^

    > but I haven't had much luck getting .html.href to work in the past.

    nor should you have *any* luck, since that is totally bad syntax
    more...

   Topic: Two search kriteria
    Frank Becker <computersac...@beckerwelt.de> Jan 24 01:17AM +0100 ^

    Hi all,

    first of all I'm sorry if this posting is hard to read. English is not
    my mother tongue.

    I'm new to jQuery and jQuery-Autocomplete. I want to create an
    "intelligent" input form like more...

    John Arrowwood <jarro...@gmail.com> Jan 23 05:26PM -0800 ^

    Give your Zip field an ID, then use $('#zip').value() instead of
    form.ZIP.value. Or maybe it's .value without parenthesis, I don't remember,
    and I'm not in the mood to go look it up for you. more...

   Topic: MarkItUp image upload
    brian <zijn.digi...@gmail.com> Jan 23 08:02PM -0500 ^

    I've just created an improved image widget for the MarkItUp editor[1].
    Instead of being prompted for an existing URL for the src attribute, a
    file upload form is created. The form target a hidden more...

   Topic: Superfish/Drop Up menu and scrollable ul
    confuser <ja...@eodivision.com> Jan 23 03:30PM -0800 ^

    Im using jQuery superfish using nested <ul>s etc, which works fine. However,
    i want to be able to scroll the original <li>'s (The ones you hover over to
    open up the nested ones) which i have managed more...

   Topic: (validate) Consulting Support
    farzin <farzin_sha...@acusim.com> Jan 23 03:11PM -0800 ^

    Do you have a consulting organization to do some customize support for
    hire?
    If so, how do I get in touch with that organization?
    more...

   Topic: Form submit success method not being called
    Mike Alsup <mal...@gmail.com> Jan 23 01:55PM -0800 ^

    Answered via Twitter, but for anyone else that has the same question,
    the trick is to put the response inside a <textarea> element as noted
    on this page: http://jquery.malsup.com/form/#file-upload more...

   Topic: Are API docs in sync with latest jquery library
    Talisman <tfried...@gmail.com> Jan 23 11:50AM -0800 ^

    Hi all,

    I'm trying to use jQuery.ajax() and passing in a "success" callback.
    The data is loaded and the callback is invoked, but I'm not being
    passed in the XmlHttpRequest object as expected. more...

   Topic: JQuery Ajax serialize
    parot <russ...@parotkefalonia.com> Jan 23 10:39AM -0800 ^

    I know this may be a silly question, but is there a "magic" way to insert
    post data via serialization into a php/mysql database?

    e.g. a serilized array of more...

   Topic: Select tab from link
    inidaho <mikeinid...@gmail.com> Jan 23 08:14AM -0800 ^

    Newbie. I have multiple tabs instances on a single page. They each
    have a different ID and each set of tabs has 5 tabs. If I am trying
    to go to a specific tab via link within a specific set of more...

   Topic: This code is too complex for a noob, can someone break this down.
    Bugman1400 <trae.be...@coachmanridge.com> Jan 23 07:06AM -0800 ^

    href="javascript:void(0);" onclick='$.get("do.php",{ cmd: "approve", id: "<?
    echo $rrows['id']; ?>" } ,function(data){ $("#approve<? echo $rrows['id'];
    ?>").html(data); });' ?>" });'>Approve
    -- more...

    Amos King <amos.l.k...@gmail.com> Jan 23 09:49AM -0600 ^

    submits a row to the server and then updates the content of the approve row
    to what is returned from the server.

    --
    Amos King
    http://dirtyInformation.com

   Topic: Abridged summary of jquery-en@googlegroups.com - 30 Messages in 9
Topics
    tra...@visages-trekking.com Jan 23 01:20PM +0100 ^

    Bonjour,

    je suis absent du 21 janvier au 8 février.

    En cas d'urgence veuillez téléphoner à l'agence au 04.92.45.18.05.

    Merci et à bientôt !

    Thierry Raoux
    more...