Hello Diego,

this should be simple. With JSch you can remotely execute the commands:

cd /path/to/directory
ls -tlr

in a Linux server, or

cd X:\path\to\directory
dir /o:d

in a Windows server.
You can then read from the standard output the file list (a line for each
file). In both cases, the last line says what is the newest file.