Hi,

   +-From: "Couchenour, Richard" <coucheno...@upmc.edu> --
   |_Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 19:01:51 +0000 _______________

   |We have an application that uses the Jsch Java library to do SFTP
   |with our partners for File Transfers. We have a partner that uses
   |a banner when you first connect to the SFTP server and it does not
   |allow Jsch to authenticate using a username and password before it
   |locks the account out. Does anybody know of a way to suppress the banner
   |or get around the banner using JSCH in a batch mode.

JSch will handle banners during the authentication, and messages will be
passed to UserInfo#showMessage() method if everything works well.
To understand what has happened, it is helpful to show us outputs from
OpenSSH's sftp command with -v options; "sftp -v -v -v user@hostname".

Sincerely,
--
Atsuhiko Yamanaka