Has anyone tried to use JSCH to connect to Smart File for an SFTP transfer?
I'm running into an issue where I'm getting what appears to be a race condition
during the key exchange.  I'm unable to determine if it's an issue with the
server, or the JSch API. I'm using JSCH 0.1.44, but have also reproduced it on
the latest 0.1.48. The connection seems to work about 70% of the time, but will
fail if you run it a handful of times.

com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Session.connect: java.io.IOException: End of IO
Stream Read
       at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:527)
       at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:162)
       at Sftp.main(Sftp.java:42)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: End of IO Stream Read
       at com.jcraft.jsch.IO.getByte(IO.java:84)
       at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.read(Session.java:853)
       at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:288)
       ... 2 more

Smart File (www.smartfile.com<http://www.smartfile.com>) offers a trial account
and that is what I set up to test against.  I haven't been able to reproduce
the issue with filezilla, open-ssh on linux, or winscp.

Regards,

E R I C K   L I C H T A S
Linoma Software
Senior Software Engineer