I have downloaded and built from source the 0.1.49 release of Jsch.

I am using the Exec.java client code and have modified it with the following

    // Want to make sure gssapi is the only choice for authentication.
      session.setConfig("PreferredAuthentications", "gssapi-with-mic");

I have a login.conf file defined and a krb5.conf file with the following
commnad line VM args

-Djava.security.krb5.conf=h:\krb5.conf
-Djava.security.auth.login.config=h:\login.conf
-Djavax.security.auth.useSubjectCredsOnly=false

In the login.conf file I refer to a keytab file with credentials for my user in
it.

I have a hand coded example which uses LoginContext and some other classes with
which I can use the same config files and I can see my keytab file is correct
and I can dump out the tickets so I know the config files are good for basic
kerberos/gss from java.

With debug on I see Krb5LoginModule working to get the tickets and printing out
messages that it is working.

I wind up with this exception

com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
com.jcraft.jsch.JSchException: Auth fail
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:491)
    at com.jcraft.jsch.Session.connect(Session.java:162)
    at Jay.main(Jay.java:64)

I have not seen a working example of accessing kerberos from client anyplace,
is there one?

Jay