>look at the source to see if it is actually a JRun problem - I do
>this a lot, and I havn't had a problem with no spaces in the _source_, but
>the browser does sometimes concatenate the two words.

The HTML 3.2 spec said: "Except within literal text (e.g. the PRE element),
HTML treats contiguous sequences of white space characters as being
equivalent to a single space character (ASCII decimal 32)."

HTML 4.0 isn't nearly as clearly written, but a browser that collapsed
multiple spaces to no space in Latin text would surely be doing it wrong.

What browser do you see this behavior in? I can't repro with IE or NN.
Could you give a simple example?

Bob Foster
Symantec Internet Tools  http://www.visualcafe.com/