I could use some help finding an open-source lightweight implementation
of a "tabbed dialog".

I've implemented an application as a WebLogic Console Extension.  This
uses WLS 8.1SP3, which provides a capable tabs implementation.
Unfortunately, I need to have this application run on 8.1SP2, where the
tabs implementation doesn't work (it's not clear why).  What they
provide is a small tag library that provides a "dialog" element, with
nested "tab" elements, which themselves can have nested "tab" elements
(up to two levels).  Each "tab" element has an id and displayable label.
This provides all I need, and it works in SP3 and later, but not in SP2.

The application is a Struts application, but that shouldn't particularly
matter.

I noticed the "Struts-Layout" framework has some sort of tabs
implementation, but that seems a little heavyweight for my needs.

Does anyone know of any possibilities that would be similar to what I
have, to reduce the impact on changing my application to fit?