> In short all of these would be good to put on the site.
:-) I don't believe I've ever gotten positive feedback so quickly.
<grin>

> Currently I'm hosting it on my personal server (a g3 laptop running OS
X).
> I prefer java solutions (I don't like downloading tons of perl files
> just run one program, but that's probably just my aversion to perl
;-).

Heh heh... I'm a java guy these days too of course, but I was a Perl
hack for a long long time. I even have OO Perl scripts, it's not such a
bad tool to have around. :-)

> If there's something else that is easy to install and setup
> then I have no problem with it.
Twiki took about 10 minutes to install on my linux box, but a few hours
on Solaris. Dunno about OSX as I don't have access to a box with it. I
haven't tried MoveableType or RollerWeblogger yet, so I can't comment.

Roller is a Tomcat/servlet/MySQL/Velocity based app... but it appears to
be geared toward a single author pub system - not multi-user. :-(

I think the multi-user need is probably a deal-breaker.

MoveableType looks multi-author aware... so I'll try installing that on
the linux box in the next week or so, and I can give an update and
discuss a bit more in person at the Nov meeting.

Cheers,
Timo