On Tuesday, October 29, 2002, at 12:41 PM, Tim Colson wrote:

Warner et. al. -

Ever get the feeling you're having a discussion in an empty auditorium?
<grin>
It happens, but I'm sure once they get un-busy they will join in ;-)

Too many languages, not enough time. Currently I would like to learn
Python and Perl (in that order ;-).
I've always thought I wanted to branch out to Python... but I seem to
fall back to Perl when Java doesn't fit the need.

Currently a lot of discussion about Twiki going on on the
osafoundation lists, I'll keep you posted.
WIKI's are interesting beasts... but the chaos personally makes me a
little dizzy. I'm not a fan of every third word being a MixedType link.
Apparently most of them no longer require that ugly beast, uggh.

Besides that [Roller] is JDK 1.4 only and a final release
I didn't notice that req't, so I agree - not something for the OSX box
as yet.

MoveableType looks multi-author aware...
 From what I can tell yes. Several people whom I trust are using it.
I had a look at pMachine and it is extremely interesting. And this from
a guy who isn't a fan of PHP (At one point, I was pulled in on an
emergency vendor project once that involved me re-writing some of their
spaghetti PHP code. Left me slightly bitter. ;-)
I understand, looked at a lot of messy PHP code myself. But that was one of the web languages I started out in and it's stuck. Whenever I want something quick (and sometimes dirty) I go with PHP.

I've got pMachine 2.1 setup locally and am liking it so far, just getting used to blogging in general.

-warner

Gushing MacNET article on pMachine (which they use):
http://macnet2.com/more.php?id=104_0_1_0_M

If possible, I'll try pMachine out too before the meeting.

Cheers,
Tim