Happy New Year everyone,

The first meeting of the year will be on January 14th (next Tuesday). Warner will be doing his long-awaited presentation on Object/Relational Tools. Warner may want to clarify it some more, but if I remember correctly, this will be a survey of open source O/R products like Torque, Hibernate and others.

However, we are still in need of a presenter for the 15min time slot. This can be on any topic. Perhaps you have a tip or technique that you've found valuable, or perhaps you could do a short introduction to some product.

On the subject of Data Access APIs, did anybody else see the article in Java Pro this month. Does Java serialization really count as a data access API? Kind of sad not to see any mention of the O/R tools Warner is going to talk about. I've been encouraging Warner to write an article after he does the presentation.

Simon.