Hey folks - a quick but late followup here (I was out of the country the
past two weeks.)

We do a mix of what Erik and Rene described.

We create a db-neutral create template which builds the schema, and
another template which populates data.

Ant runs the show - first taking the template and producing DB specific
SQL. (A simple replace op now, but this might be more flexible if
converted to velocity.)

The DB folks modify the template sql files and check into CVS... each
developer runs the scripts as necessary. I sometimes rebuild the DB
multiple times, helps me have a 'fresh slate' when running tests.

I'll probably use the simple little ant scripts at the meeting in my 15
min HSQLDB topic.

Cheers,
Timo