That's what I was thinking... but I wanted to bounce it off someone to make sure I wasn't going crazy. ;)

Thanks for the validation. =)

Robert

Chad Woolley wrote:

I think you are right, otherwise the J2EE spec would be insecure by definition. A *request* attribute can be changed just by appending it as a URL parameter, but that is really just another name for a form field. Maybe that is what they are thinking of.

Robert Zeigler wrote:

However, someone made a claim to me recently that some information stored as a session attribute could be alterred directly by the user, client side, and therefore posed a security risk to a particular application.