Thomas Hicks wrote:

Just reading over the list, it seems like you must do everything
in the Language Features section (and especially what this thing is
used for, why, the tradeoffs, and comparisons to competitors, etc.).

In many ways the language section stuff segues into the API stuff because each language feature has a corresponding extension API.

I think that an introductory start might work best on this and let the presentation flow to the level of discussion. If people want to know the gory details then so be it.

Then, it seems like the API section must be crucial to actually using it, yes?

Not always. There are users of OGNL who have no interest in the API - Tapestry, WebWork, etc. They just see it as a language. So the API stuff is for the hardcore developers who want to extends the functionality. The most interest I've seen is with the TypeConverter and PropertyAccessor stuff because they usually reap the most benefits.

I'm not sure from this list whether OGNL 3 exists or is just a roadmap. If it exists, a bit on it would also be interesting, plus some overview/status/blurb on WebOGNL. (I downloaded the user manual on that one but it was still mostly blank sections).

OGNL 3 exists, but is not yet available. I'm at the point where I like the API and am ready to publish the first version for public review. There are just a couple of issues to be ironed out.

IMHO, you can ditch the ognl.org web site stuff.

I should have delimitted that section with some smileys or something. It was a joke for anyone who has visited my site and had their eyeballs burn in their skull. :-)

- Drew

--
< Drew Davidson | OGNL Technology >