Just to make sure of the context, was this the comment that Rob made during his presentation?

If so, I believe what he was saying was that proposing a JSR is a long road and it takes a dedication (and time) to manage it, if you were going to do so. I don't believe that he was saying anything specifically about OGNL, more about the process itself.

Personally after hearing about the process I wasn't sure if that was the way for OGNL to go (just my opinion), but maybe after 3.0 was out and made it's big splash that might be an opportunity.

And also with reference to what Dennis said about JDOM, whatever happened with that JSR?
http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=102

It looks like it died, but I don't see any explanation.

-warner