I responded directly to Randy since this was a bit OT, but since there
appears to be other interest I'll repeat.  I'm forced to live on MS Windows
more than I'd like, and I joined the Tucson Computer Society
(www.aztcs.org) some time ago.  I get lots of free (and often very good)
advice on their mail list, well worth the annual membership fee (I think
it's still $35/year).  I originally (some years ago) saw TCS as a bunch of
old folks mainly interested in how to access the internet and do e-mail and
image fiddling, but there's a strong developer group, lots of very savvy
tech types that watch the mail list, and a new and growing Linux group.
End of ad.

Jim