I finally published the slides from my May presentation on "Cleaning up SOAP Web Services", at http://www.sosnoski.com/presents/cleansoap/index.html Most of the delay has been because I wanted to get out my JibxSoap framework as something that could actually be used, and that's now done (see http://jibx.sourceforge.net/jibxsoap/index.html). The presentation home page has links to a detailed comparison of implementing web services on different frameworks, and also performance test details and results (including a comparison with RMI performance).

Sorry I won't be there for the picnic. :-( I *will* be in Phoenix for the Desert Southwest Software Symposium in a couple of weeks, and should be doing an expanded and updated version of this presentation there (I'm still waiting to get the final schedule details).

 - Dennis