I would vote for July 15th. I can bring some pasta salad. Mt. Lemmon sounds great for a summer getaway.

-warner

On Jun 12, 2006, at 7:47 PM, Rene Stone wrote:

Hi all,
For the JUG's anniversary celebration, since it's in the middle of the hot summer, TR and I were thinking that a pot luck picnic would be fun. Everyone can bring family & friends and we can all get outside for a bit.

We need to figure out when, where and who's bringing what.

Below are some suggestions on all 3. I vote for July 8 or July 15. I also think our best bets would be one of the Mt. Lemmon picnic areas. Perhaps someone who knows Mt Lemmon better than I can suggest which area might be best.

TR and I will bring some water and probably a bucket of Eegee's for drinks. We'll also bring some hot dogs and buns. Also, we may need a propane grill, if there are fire restrictions, so if anyone has one that we can use, that would be great.

Thanks,
Rene

When?
Upcoming possible Saturdays:
June 24
July 1
July 8
July 15
July 22
July 29

Where--other suggestions?
http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coronado/forest/recreation/camping/picnic- guide.shtml <http://www.fs.fed.us/r3/coronado/forest/recreation/ camping/picnic-guide.shtml>

All the following have some fees associated except Agua Caliente:

Catalina State Park?
Alder Picnic Area (Mt Lemmon)
Sykes Knob Picnic Area (Mt Lemmon)
Inspiration Rock Picnic Area (Mt Lemmon)
Agua Caliente
Sabino Canyon

Items for picnic
----------------
everyone BYO beverages (we'll bring water or lemonade in a big container)
paper plates
paper cups
plasticware
napkins
hot dogs
hot dog buns
hamburgers
hamburger buns
pickles/onions/tomatoes
ketchup/mustard/relish
chips/dip
salads
side dishes (cole slaw, beans, veggies,etc)
desserts (cookies, brownies, etc)