At 09:44 AM 6/22/2006, Chad wrote:

Cool.  I checked out the REXML page.  This quote is great:

------------------------------------
"Some of the common differences are that the Ruby API relies on block
enumerations, rather than iterators. For example, the Java code:

for (Enumeration e=parent.getChildren(); e.hasMoreElements(); ) {
 Element child = (Element)e.nextElement(); // Do something with child
}

in Ruby becomes:

parent.each_child{ |child| # Do something with child }

Can't you feel the peace and contentment in this block of code? Ruby
is the language Buddha would have programmed in."

Dr. Ralph Griswold (creator or SNOBOL and Icon programming languages)
used to say that there's really nothing new under the sun in CS, it's all
recycled. I have to note that this statement form you admire so much comes
directly from Smalltalk of 20 years ago!
        regards,
        -tom