Re "Was it good?", I thought so!

Andrew did a great job of laying out the basic benefits and operation of CAS. I feel like I've now got a good handle on it and have an idea about when to use it, or not.

Duffy's talk, on Shibboweth*, was a little shorter and further into an area that I don't have much experience with, but I enjoyed it, too.

It was interesting to hear that the inventor of CAS went on to become a lawyer. I had a great student in a CS class last semester who's interested in becoming a lawyer. I encouraged him to use his powers for good, not evil! :)

(*) Miss the talk, miss the jokes!