Thanks Andy,

Thanks TR for the cli info Tuesday night.  I'm moderately over-whelmed...
well...  maybe just adequately whelmed.

I'm learning a lot from all of you so thanks to you all, and perhaps next
time I'll join you for a drink afterwards.

Respectfully,
Liz, Data Base Administrator,
Methods Engineering

"Andrew Lenards" <andrew.lena...@gmail.com>
01/14/2009 04:36 PM
Please respond to
jug-discussion@tucson-jug.org

jug-discussion@tucson-jug.org
cc

Subject
[jug-discussion] Screen origin date (and link to guide mentioned last
night)

For those curious,

GNU Screen started development around 1995 according to a "dubious"
reference on the wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Screen

They were going off the  dates on the GNU ftp site:
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/screen/

It's over a year old, but it popped up again on news.yc & reddit recently:
http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2007/09/27/a-guide-to-gnu-screen/

re sed - I started learning more after reading this:
http://www.catonmat.net/blog/sed-one-liners-explained-part-one/

Andy

This email (and all attachments) is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain privileged and/or proprietary information.
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply