This Friday looks like a great day for juggling. It also looks as is if CMU
students have half an hour here or there free. Who knew that learning to be an
engineer or computer programmer was complicated? To accommodate your busy
schedules we will go from 2:oo PM to 7:oo PM. So come on by and juggle when
ever you can.  There will be cookies.

I would also like to apologize for the length of this email. Many questions
were raised or comments made at the last meeting. I have tried to group
everything into topics. Please skim the rest of this email and pick out the
parts that are relevant to you.

Important The Bridge
If you have a CMU email please sign up for the Bridge. This juggling club is an
official CMU Student Organization. We receive student activities money for each
person that signs up on the Bridge. Please, please, please sign up on the
Bridge. I will make your favorite cookie if you do. We are only seven and half
million dollars short of our goal to build a Jugglearium.

The Bridge : https://thebridge.cmu.edu/organization/masters-of-flying-objects

Facebook
We also have a facebook page. So if you would like to post pictures and do
Facebook related stuff please join us bellow.

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/10387203602/events/

Helping the Club
If we can get all of the materials we will be making juggling balls on Friday.
So if you are new to the club you may have a chance to participate in one of
our semiregular rituals. It is rite of passage for jugglers to make their own
balls. A bit like a Jedi Knights and their light sabers. The main difference
being it is a lot harder to chop off someone's arm with a juggling ball.

PR
We still have posters if you have a place to put them please come by and get a
couple. I would like to thank everyone that has put up posters. Our success in
adding people to the email list has been in large part because our PR drive. I
have had a couple conversations with folks expressing their concerns over
wasting paper. I do use recycled paper but understand the concern. I am open to
any and all suggestions for publicizing our meetings. We had someone volunteer
to put chalk notices on the sidewalks for a our Friday meeting. If we can get
folks to the meeting without killing trees I am open to that. I am just old,
and used to putting up posters. I can change, I guess, if I have to, if you
really want me to.

Yo Yos

If you are good at the yoyo please send me an email. We have had a couple
people asking about learning more advance yoyo tricks. We would like to add
this to the list of things we can help folks with.

Fire Juggling - Fire Breathing Dangerous Stuff

For Insurance reasons we are not allowed to use most of this dangerous stuff on
CMU's Property. I run a clown troupe called the Steel City Clown Brigade that
does have this insurance and the permits from the City of Pittsburgh. Now
clowns have a different philosophy of juggling than some people that are doing
it for fun. We are not interested in doing things that are technically
challenging for the most part. As an example we generally don't spend a lot of
time learning how to pass thirty clubs between five people. We just juggle
swords instead.

>From time to time we have classes. I will post when these classes are on the
>email list then. We also have a Fire Fund Raiser listed bellow. It is
>exceptionally important that you are able to juggle the nondangerous version
>of prop before we will let you do it on fire or with a blade.

Fire:  The Steel City Clown Brigade does juggle and breath fire on a weekly
basis. This is part of our regular funds raisers. This takes place at a bar
named Twelve on the South Side of Pittsburgh. We juggle torches, poi, devils
sticks and breath fire.  You are welcome to join us. We have a text message
list that you can be added to at 412 708-3638 if you would like to know when
this happens.

Swords and Chainsaws: We do have some juggling swords and if you are interested
in juggling sword let me know. Our set of chainsaws is not working so that is
on the back burner till we can fix the broken one or find three more we can
easily convert of juggling. We do not juggle sharp thing at our South Side Fund
Raiser.

Stilts: I have a couple sets of dry wall stilts in storage. If someone wants to
work on them let me know. I come to practice via the bus. I only want to bring
things that I know people are going to use.

Light Sabers: What are you nuts? You will put your eye out if you are lucky.

Once again sorry for the super long email. We always have a lot of bases to
cover at the beginning of the year. We just passed 800 people on our email
list. I have always wanted to get it over a thousand. So thanks to everyone
helping my dream come true. Invite everyone you know to the meetings it really
helps out. The struggle to keeps mimes in invisible boxes is real. With the
Circus dying Circus Folk need to pass this eternal struggle onto a new
generation. Thank you for being part of that effort.

SR Gailey

Secretary of the CMU Juggling Club and lucky I can type fast.