Hi Mike,

You cannot control the sequence in which the hooks are executed, but
you have full control of what you do when the hooks do execute. You
can choose to send nothing to the other side of the relation until its
time to report that a connection may now be established, and when you
do change the relation, the remote hook will run again to report the
change.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net