On 06/03/14 15:46, Ian Booth wrote:
> Hi
>
> Currently, the loggo library used by juju-core is hosted on Github at
> github.com/loggo/loggo.
>
> Given juju-core is moving to github.com/juju, it's been proposed that loggo
> move
> across to github.com/juju/loggo. We already have github.com/juju/errgo.

I'll hold off landing the approved branch that changes the location
pending the outcome of this (hopefully brief) discussion.

Unfortunately "github.com/canonical" belongs to someone (Joe McGlynn),
and I'm not sure "github.com/ubuntu/loggo" is better because it isn't
ubuntu specific (same reasoning).

One reason I really did like moving to the "juju" org on github is that
it puts juju into the mind of the library user.  While I know this
library well, and know it doesn't have dependencies, I can see that
others might.

For example, if I saw "github.com/docker/coollib", I would also
initially think that it is docker specific.

Is:
   github.com/juju-team/loggo
better?

I like the idea of keeping juju in the import path, but as a part of the
owner, I'm sure that's fine.

The above kinda says "this library was created by the juju-team", and
doesn't necessarily hold the same library specificness of the "juju" org.

Tim