On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 12:05 PM, James Solomon <binary...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to clarify what I'm understanding here: we are to implement the new
> commands alongside "deploy" and "set" as verbs belonging to the Charm code.
> And these commands are implemented separately from the /cmd code tree (I
> guess the Command and RunCommand interfaces are for the "juju run" code
> discussed above.)

That's almost right. It does need something analogous to the "set"
command, and that is in fact sitting right next to the "set"
configuration command. This is the "do" command in "juju do ...", and
is not a verb belonging to the charm code. In addition to that, it
needs action-get and action-set commands, analogous to config-get and
config-set, and that is available to the charm hooks.

> "That's surprising, FWIW" -- on that side note, one scalable alternative to
> parallel SSH for remote exec is ZeroMQ, which is really effective in

We already have a comprehensive mechanism to distribute requests to
the unit agents. The main surprise is that it's not being used in this
case. That said, if we are to discuss this, let's please start a new
thread as this is a completely independent subject.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net