Well, there is Won't Fix to close them, or there is "set them to Low" which
allows for an acknowledgement that it could be fixed, but just not now.

I prefer the Low version myself, as number of Open bugs has never been a
concern for me.

I do agree that we want a better view of what we are actually going to be
working on. I would honestly say I'd love a 1-month/3-month/6-month sort of
split, which *would* let us make use of Medium (things to pull from in the
next month).

Right now, *I* certainly can't keep 294 High bugs in my head to prioritize
them into actionable items.

Given your numbers, I think we could only *commit in advance* to closing 50
High bugs that are already on the list, because we'll come up with a bunch
of other things on our way. We've also been making a bit more use of
Launchpad to track features we are completing via tasks tracked as bugs.
(We have Kanban, but Kanban linking to bugs is super straightforward, and
we can link Branches and MPs, etc off there easily. Linking to work in
progress is otherwise pretty clumsy.)

Anyway, just to say that 100 bugs fixed is a little inflated over actual
"things that were known as bugs that we actually fixed".

John
=:->