Thanks Tim,

I think we're in the position that even if you don't use gccgo for
your own development (understandable, it is slower), now that we have
platforms we support in Trusty that must use gccgo, armv8 and ppc64el,
for any new development, the code has to pass under both compilers.

This is a bit of a bummer, but at least if you are running trusty on
your development environment, you have all the bits you need[1][2].

Running tests, for a single package then becomes

    go test && go test -compiler=gccgo

With respect to the whole Juju test suite, even after months of work
there still remain a few tests which do not pass under trusty, these
are tracked with bugs in lp, just look for the gccgo label if you find
yourself at a loose end.

Cheers

Dave

[1] Prior to trusty, you'd probably be using gccgo-4.8, which is not
of acceptable quality for use with Juju.
[2] If for some reason you don't want to upgrade to trusty, we may be
able to ask Doko for a backport of gccgo-4.9, but really, just upgrade
to trusty.