The comment was made with the understanding that this was your original
plan, and the point is to measure engagement before closing it down, or
you'll never know whether it makes any difference for juju specifically.
Also,  isn't Launchpad able to track issues originally filed on other
trackers? That used to be one of its big selling points for distro work.

gustavo @ http://niemeyer.net