I'm all for taking rsyslog out of the equation even on linux... what's nice
about it is that, because we'd be writing log output separately to both the
remote syslog and to the local file log, we wouldn't need to worry about
log rotation of the local log screwing up what gets sent to the remote
syslog.  It's trivial to have loggo write to two or more targets (the file
plus one for each state server).