That's an interesting document, but I feel like it doesn't really explain
the problem it's trying to solve.

Why does a single entry point cause a lot of boilerplate (I presume he
means code boilerplate)? Isn't it just a switch on the name of the hook?
 What does it mean "when a new hook is introduced"?  Doesn't the charm
define what hooks it has?  And wouldn't the aforementioned switch mean that
any new hook (whatever that means) would be ignored the same way it would
if the hook file wasn't there?

Can someone explain to me what exactly the problem is?