We moved to GitHub in the hope of lowering the bar to contributors outside the team. GitHub is *the* platform and process for open source software. This was the logic behind the move. It was deemed to have the most mindshare and we sacrificed our prefered platform and process to be part of that mindshare.

We are now leaving that 'main stream' process to something that suits the tastes of our team - ReviewBoard. This adds friction for new contributors (friction everyone has experienced this week). If we value our preferred methods of reviewing over keeping to a well known process for outside contributors, the best process was launchpad + rietveld. Shouldn't we simply return to that.

Considering we have been successfully using GitHub for several months now, using reviewboard is not a necessity. Obviously, I will go with whatever the team decides, but I'm concerned that we have moved to reviewboard without considering that it undermines (as far as I can see) our primary reason for using GitHub.

Jess