That's an interesting observation and I think I agree.

The general rule is probably something like this:

- If a type is part of the exported API of a versioned package and the
package is changed to import that type from somewhere
else, the package's version must be incremented.

Given that versions usually apply to repositories, not packages,
that does unfortunately mean that all the repositories which
export testing functionality using gocheck need to have
their versions incremented.

I don't think it all has to happen at the same time, because APIs
remain stable. It does mean that juju-core can only be updated
after all of its dependencies have been updated though.

  cheers,
    rog.