It was my mistake to call it a hash.. it may be just a random id, in hex
form. Alternatively, use a service-specific sequence number so it's better
suited to humans. In the latter case, the sequence number must
realistically reflect the sequence in which the actions are submitted to
units, otherwise it would be confusing.