Ah, even better. Now I can update my workflow :)

On 05/05/15 13:43, Menno Smits wrote:
cherry-pick will even grab the top commit of a branch if you give the branch name (presuming the fix is a single commit). For example:

git checkout -b bug-fix-1.24 upstream/1.24 # create a branch for the fix in 1.24
git cherry-pick bug-fix-master-branch       # pull the fix across

There are various ways of grabbing multiple revisions too.

And of course, as per Ian's recent email you should be targeting fixes to the lowest affected version and working forwards. So really in your example the fix should be made for 1.24 and the cherry picked onto a branch made from master.