Usually if there are compile time issues, it's because you haven't run
godeps yet.
Make sure you've done the steps under this section of the docs:
https://github.com/juju/juju/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#godeps
go-get by default pulls from the head of every git repo, but to keep our
builds repeatable, we use godeps to pin the revision of each repo, which
can occasionally mean that HEAD of master may not compile if someone has
broken something in a dependent repo.

Also, we don't officially support go 1.5 yet, though I believe the build
works and almost all the tests work (there are a small handful of tests
that fail in go 1.5 IIRC).... but that wouldn't cause the compile issues
you're getting here.