Adam, charm revisions turn into a tuple of the charm revision and the
revision of each resource provided. This means that if you update the
revision of the charm, or any resource, that tuple has been 'upgraded'. So
uploading the resource after the fact would trigger upgrade-charm hook and
it'll be on the charm author to handle that update. This means things in
the install hook need to be able to be run from the upgrade-charm hook.

One thing we've talked about is exposing to the charm author some way to
know if a resource is updated so that you only call resource-get and
process the file if it's changed. I don't think that's in the current work
but something we need to look at providing.