On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 11:33 AM Mark Shuttleworth <m...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On 10/06/16 19:20, Cheryl Jennings wrote:
> > - Addition of a `juju unregister` command to remove references to
> > controllers
>
> Seems we have two different cases
>
>  * the opposite of register
>  * the opposite of bootstrap
>
> Why not just remove-controller and remove-account ?

The opposite of bootstrap we stuck with destroy as we kept destroy and
remove in the vocabulary because it was helpful to keep "not coming back"
like destroy-service and destroy-controller. I think with the safe guards
in place around destroy-controller I'm +1 with just moving to remove across
the board. It simplifies the language if we're ok with not keeping the
destroy vs remove semantics.

The opposite of register is harder. You're looking to remove an entry of
something you see in list-controllers. You put it there by registering and
giving it a name in that process. We don't have the noun/idea of "account"
in Juju at the moment. You add a User, which lead that user to registering
that controller. It lead us through share/unshare, register/unregister,
etc. It's not a remove/destroy controller as that's limited in who can do
that and is not something you want to accidentally do if you typo the wrong
entry in list-controllers.  I've felt like the least oddball of things was
to tie the command to remove the entry to the command you used to add it
and so we've been running with unregister.