On 2016-07-10 08:34 PM, Ian Booth wrote:
> Turning on gating for Windows tests before all tests were passing is premature
> and is now blocking us from landing critical fixes for beta12 that we need to
> release this week for inclusion into xenial.

Hey, this is why I pointed out that it would block all landings.  And
believe me, I double-checked that this was really what Torsten wanted.

But is this week really any different from any other week?  Won't there
always be something critical that has to land?

> With the race tests, we got all of
> those passing before turning on gating. We need to do the same for the Windows
> tests. We need to deactivate gating on Windows at this stage.

But there are some tests that do pass under windows.  By disabling all
tests, we risk further regressions on Windows.  Instead, you could
disable the tests that don't pass (only when running under Windows, of
course), and then work to fix them.

That way, we have a passing test suite and a way to work incrementally
on fixing the Windows testing instead of requiring a flag-day
coordinated change.

Aaron