You will notice this is beta4 vs the rc1 we had been working toward.

Part of 2.1 is an improvement to juju container networking that corrects
issues that many users are facing. This updates Juju to only create bridges
on a host machine only when a container is placed on the host and only for
the specific network interfaces that the container needs to function. This
code has been moving along and has been demonstrated to work properly when
used correctly.

However, in working to complete those changes it came up that we're missing
the ability to specify the correct network spaces that the application and
thus the container need to be on in the current bundle spec and format. We
support specifying on a per-endpoint basis with the changes done in Juju
2.0, however there's not a key to set the default value the charm wants to
use for any hook/endpoint that it leverages. These updates will hold the
RC1 while those are updated and landed.

If anyone is curious and would like to try out the new networking container
behavior please try out the feature branch that the work is taking place in
here:

https://github.com/juju/juju/tree/2.1-dynamic-bridges

We refer to this as dynamic bridging because the changes cause bridges to
be dynamically generated as required based on direct spaces information.

Rick