On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Maarten Ectors <
maarten.ect...@canonical.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to make the Nagios charm work with NRPE in such a way
> that no relationship needs to be made between Nagios and other charms. NRPE
> is a subordinate charm hence the Nagios charm should be able to pick up its
> relations and add the charms NRPE already knows about to the list of charms
> to monitor.

What if you want to have multiple Nagios services, each monitoring
different parts of the infrastructure? Without an explicit relationship,
you're going to lose that flexibility, right?

Why is this important? Try monitoring 150 services without using a
> subordinate charm. The Juju GUI will be full of relationships to Nagios.

That just sounds like a presentation issue to me. It might be useful to
have some concept of layers in the GUI, allowing you to, for example, hide
the monitoring layer.

thanks,