One more thing I noticed while working on a charm. After a debug-hooks
session, I modified some files in my local charm repo (/vagrant/charms),
destroyed the service that was deployed and re-deploy it from the local
repo with modified files. However, the latest changes were not picked up
and the charm was still using a previous version of the hooks. The only way
I've found for juju to pick up the latest changes is to destroy the
environment and bootstrap it again.

It looks like juju "caches" the content of the /vagrant folder at bootstrap
(just a wild guess).

This happens using both the boxes with Juju built-in or a plain Ubuntu box.

Daniele