I support the move to Markdown formatted text. I'd even further support the move to something similar to GitHub Flavored Markdown (http://github.github.com/github-flavored-markdown/), which I prefer since it supports fenced code blocks and syntax highlighting. I feel moving the content to Markdown will lower the barrier for contributors, as opposed to moving to formatting documentation in something like LaTeX (in other words, -1 for LaTeX from me), which is more complex in my opinion.

- Joshua