Hi all,

I'm working with the assumption that the pure-python fork of python-django
will be in trunk soon, and will be around until the ansible reboot fork
replaces it. If this is a bad assumption, let me know.

There are some nice to haves that I'd like to have in the python-django
charm before the ansible reboot hits. Since I'm new to juju and to charming
things, I'd like sanity checks before I start proposing changes. I'm using
a personal fork for now.

Pip wishes

* pip_extra_args support so that I can use --no-index
--find-links=/path/to/wheels (this is in my fork)
* remove --upgrade --use-mirrors, leave it up to the user (in my fork)

Django wishes

* call collectstatic (in my fork). I see a pending MR with something like
this, but it enforces dj-static, which I would not do.
* allow installing from tgz (in my fork)
* fail on install/config changed if django-admin.py is not found.
discovered this doesn't happen when it isn't installed, while working on
the pip changes. otherwise it fails (in my fork)
* allow users to inject custom templates. e.g. conditionally add
django-debug-toolbar based on DEBUG.

Newbie Questions

* My fork adds a couple of lines to website_relation_joined_changed because
the unit_name and port were not available to populate my apache2 template
otherwise, but this could be due to user error. How do other people do this?

*
Why is django_extra_settings used in config_changed but not during install?

--
she...@pobox.com