If you're able to SSH in to the machine, can we see the contents of
`/var/log/juju/unit-ceph-0.log` and `/var/log/juju/machine-1.log` those
will be the first place to look as to why this isn't working. From the
sounds of it, MAAS provisioned the machine but the juju agent failed to
install. The agent-state: pending is a clear indication it hasn't
registered itself with the bootstrap node yet.

Thanks,
Marco Ceppi